Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 18, 2010

It has been just over 7 weeks since my husband's accident. I am glad to say that he is doing quite well but still has a way to go. We had many desperate moments as we have navigated the realities of a brain injury and so many broken bones. He developed numerous blood clots, but thanks to modern medicine (and a gracious Father), they have been dealt with. Good news about the damage to his larynx from being intabated at the scene of the accident; he will make a full recovery without any medical intervention!! At this time, he cannot raise his voice...(oh well)!

Andrew is still in Calgary hospital and is working very hard on his rehab. They plan to keep him for awhile yet as our home town hospital does not have the expertise to deal with his injuries. This is ok, but I would really like him home. Baby steps, I guess.

Sarah has made a full recovery from her ruptured appendix. Her total hospital stay was 4 weeks exactly. I am very thankful for all the prayers that went up on her behalf. They made all the difference.

Through all of this, I am assured that God is very kind. And He is good. Not because He has healed my daughter and is continuing to heal my husband. He is good because it is His Nature. He was good when He allowed the truck to hit Andrew. He was good as the infection raged through Sarah's body. He was good as I walked through the deep valley of depression, anger and frustration.

His Goodness is not dependant on my perception of "goodness". I tend to view things a little different than an Almighty Sovereign God. To say He is Good in my present situation requires me to submit to His Plan and Purpose. Easy? Not so much. I prefer protection FROM hardship not His Presence THROUGH it. Thankfully, He knows what I need better than I do. I may not like it, but I have never been alone. Not one day.

In it all, He is Sovereign over all. In a culture that demands a God who serves them, this circumstance has reminded me that it is He whom WE serve. We would do well to fall on our knees and worship a God that is Good. Because He says He is Good. And we must trust Him. He deserves nothing less.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for some good reminders... good insight Deb!
Jodie Oram

sharon said...

BLessings girl!!! I can only agree and that is from personal testimony as well. I believe that is how GOD in HIS goodness reaches each of us and brings us to the place of realizing it is all about HIM and only Him and HE IS ENOUGH!! We continue to pray for you and yours - so keep looking up - way up - love from Sharon

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Amen.

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Time for another post, methinks. ;)