Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A New Beginning

Over the past 6 months I have been walking a road that I would not have chosen if it had been mine to choose. The consequences of the events on May 29 and the following weeks are far reaching and less than perfect. I am thankful to be able to say that the Lord has upheld me in ways that only a loving heavenly Father could do. I still question the reasons why all these things have transpired and what ultimate good that might come from them, but at least I am at peace with my new reality.

Andrew has recovered enough from the accident to finally be returning to work. This is something that could not have been predicted in the weeks following the accident and I praise God for His mercy to us and our family in this area.

I worked for 2 and a half months at my "dream job" - reception and administrative support at CrossRoads Church. When it became evident that my family needed me to be at home full time I left that job and I have been rewarded in ways that I could not have imagined. My new "dream job" is working along side my husband as he returns to his pursuing his passion - and have discovered it is mine as well. Funny how God works...

Endings are hard - and so are beginnings. But beginnings are filled with anticipation and promise. They are full of potential and of what can be. They reassure us that all is not lost. There is more to come. And that is a good thing.

So here is to my new beginning. I look forward to seeing how it all works out.

1 comment:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life (or some such thing). I'm glad you're back on the blog and that Andrew's back to work. I miss you lots and am still praying that one day God has us in ministry together (so I can spend every waking hour with my BFF)... You guys are constantly in our prayers.