Thursday, April 8, 2010

Does Absence Make the Heart Grow Fonder?

I believe I have violated the first rule of blogging - if there are actual rules in which to abide by. The rule, as I understand, is to not let too much time pass between posts. And I have allowed almost two weeks go by! How did this happen? Ok, I know how it happened. I got busy doing mommy, wife, friend, employee stuff. Although, if I were to be completely honest about it with you, I avoided it. The pressure got to me.

It wasn't that I didn't have anything to blog about. I had a weekend away with my husband with no children (they were at my mother-in-laws) and am in the middle of an amazing book by Dr. Larry Crabb. My kids have provided me with many hilarious anecdotes and I have provided myself with a few too. I've even had a few "deep thoughts"! It is just hard to sit down and commit to paper (so to speak) those events, thoughts and ideas. It feels a lot like stage fright.

But I need to get over it! NOW!

So, I am sitting in McDonalds while an Alberta Spring Blizzard rages on outside, drinking coffee and blogging. I had forgotten in the past weeks how much fun this really is!

I am glad to have friends who have encouraged me to get back on the horse! Thanks Tyler.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering where you were.... You've only just started blogging but you've got me following. Keep talking girl!

Frieda

Mindy said...

I'm a new blogger too and sometimes it's hard to know what to blog about!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Sister! I get in my down times with blogging. Let's encourage each other - Fellow Blaster, Kerry Beth Gwaltney